Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rain, rain... oh go ahead. I didn't want to hand-water anyway

I don't know what it's like in your part of the world today, but it's raining like crazy here. We don't usually get this kind of constant rain. We get the "squall blows in and blows out an hour later variety," usually. Therefore, it affects everyday life here in a way that it doesn't when folks are used to it. I formerly lived in Texas. There, you just get up and go anyway... rain or shine. Life can't wait because it's raining or nothing would get done. But, in a climate where 20 minutes could mean a nice sunny drive, we tend to wait. Getting up this morning and getting the kids moving with the chorus of raindrops falling all around, and doing it with a positive attitude,  reminded me of so many other paradigm shifts I've experienced. The first thought, "Agh, it's raining cats and dogs, I want to stay in bed!" to "Oh, good. I don't have to worry about the plants in pots today" was a stretch. But, a positive attitude is essential to getting all the work I need to accomplish finished.

It doesn't matter if you call it a paradigm shift, or re-framing, changing your mind about something so that you feel better about it is a neat way to improve your outlook and your general approach to life. If you can't do this for yourself, it's great to find someone who can. I had a counselor who could help me flip my perception with just a few words. Now, I do it for others. You'll probably notice the people in your life who appear happy most of the time do this naturally.

Admittedly, it's a small thing... getting out of bed on a rainy day with a smile for my family, but when you learn the habit of finding good in most situations, your whole life feels better.

Blessings,
Laura

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!