Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Artist/Author

It's a strange combination... artist and author. Both require me to promote my own work. Both require a dedication to my craft that means I need to, dare I say it, discipline myself in order to get things finished. Yet they really aren't the same thing. I find myself working on art stuff then switching gears to work on book promotion. I'm very passionate about both. Helping people live happier, emotionally healthier, lives is the goal of my book. And art is just fun! I love seeing people's faces light up when they see my impossibly large butterflies.

On the art front, I've submitted the following images for showing in my community. The swirly one is titled: Unity to Share 1. I created a similar image some time ago and it is one of my favorites. Since I don't want to part with the first one, and it's a popular pendant image, I decided to do a series of these. Each one will be different, of course, this is number one. I submitted it to the Kennedy Gallery who will be doing a "Pride" exhibit during June in Sacramento. Fingers crossed on this one as I'd love to be a part of the exhibit.
Unity to Share 1 8x8  acrylic on canvas




Monarch on Poppy 16x16 acrylic on canvas
The large butterfly on a poppy I submitted to the KVIE art auction. I checked out their web site and there is nothing like my work in their previous years. I don't know if that's good or bad... or neither. It is 16" by 16". Getting into this art auction would be very cool. I love PBS!
 
Part of my work with my book is creating Inspirational Images. The one I put together for today is from Chapter 9, Friendship:

Since I spend so much time working on marketing, I thought it would be helpful to set up a website with links to some resources for fellow creatives. My plan is to use the domain www.CreativesMarketingResources.com. If you have an article you've written, a link to a great site, or helpful blog posts, send them to me! I'd love to get this project started. Cause... that's what I need! A new project! 

And then, of course, I'm just a little obsessed with acquiring a truck that I can use to haul all my stuff around and paint butterflies and flowers all over it!  A traveling, happy, bright, fantastic TRUCK!!

I hope you're enjoying your work as much as I do!

Blessings,
Laura P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!