Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Friday, October 21, 2011

A new series of paintings

I just love it when I wake up in the morning with fully formed creative ideas on my mind. Last week I had just such a morning. I had just bought a whole bunch of canvases at Aaron Brothers because they were 70% off!  Some of the canvases were a size I've never used before, 12x30. I didn't know how I would use them until I dreamed up this chakra tree idea. Since I love symbolism, I thought this would be super cool, if I could pull it off. My goal is to a three painting series (at least!)

In case you're not familiar with chakras, according to Wikipedia: Chakra is a concept originating in Hindu texts, featured in tantric and yogic traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. They include seven colors, starting with red at the base of your spine (root), orange for the sacral (reproduction, creativity), Yellow for solar plexus (gut), green (sometimes pink) for the hear (compassion, love), light blue for the throat (speak your truth), dark blue for the third eye (intuition), and white or purple for the crown (enlightenment).

I used these symbols and the tree to represent the human body. The first one I did in a primitive style.The second painting is in a bolder more whimsical style. I love them both and can't wait to work on the third.
Chakra Tree Prim

Chakra Tree Bold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!