Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Writing, painting, sewing, oh my!

I've been putting all my creative energy into finishing my book, "Walk in your own footsteps." Any spare time I have has been either creating the illustrations, or writing. I'm so excited because the finish line is in sight.

And, wouldn't you know it, I'm feeling the pull to paint and sew. I think I'll start collecting little girls dresses made of cotton fabric to make a soft cuddly quilt. Doesn't that sound nice? A sweet quilt from well-loved dresses? I can't wait.

Oh and there's the painting that's been simmering on the back burner of my mind. We took a trip to the coast and I saw the most beautiful field of flowers with a lighthouse at the far end perched on a perfect cliff. I took pictures and am going to do a painting to hang up in our bedroom. I also plan to do a series of flowers for the wall leading up the stairs.

Let's not forget the art pieces I've been doing using stained glass and vintage post cards. And... the pendants, jewelry, sculptures... Oh, and we're looking for a travel trailer to take trips and I'm so excited about decorating that, too.

So, it's wonderful to be blessed with a creative spirit, but having crafty ADD can make it so hard to complete anything.

Tomorrow, I swear, I'll work on the book. And, maybe, swing by the thrift shop to check out the little girl dresses. Fall will come and I'll be glad to have a quilt to work on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!