Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lovely blue cupboard


finished blue cabinet


When I was decorating our guest bedroom, pouring over magazines for the perfect combination of elements, I fell in love with an antique blue cupboard. The piece in the magazine was had been made from old stairs and painted many times over the years. Despite the fact that the original is a one of a kind, and way out of my budget anyway, I was dreaming of bringing such a piece into my home. So... I asked my sweetie if he could make a cabinet for me that we could turn into a similar piece. He was game so we worked on the project together. We live in a development with pretty small bedrooms, so I asked Jim to make it shallow so that it wouldn't take up too much room. He did the carpentry, and I did the painting and lined the inside with a 40's inspired fabric. I thought it would be a fun thing to share here. Art takes many forms and this little cabinet is art in my book.

a peak inside


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!