Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kindle Pouch

I just love the Kindle I got for my birthday this month. When I shopped for covers, however, I found that most cost more than third the cost of the unit! And, since I've been inspired by Magnolia Pearl for a while, I decided to make my own! Using scraps I made this pretty bag and an extra little sack to keep the charger in. I just love having everything in one place!

I used fabric that was a sample from an upholstery shop. The green trim is left over from a quilt, and the hand-made lace doily I picked up at a thrift shop. I used seam binding tape fused to itself for the closure and the button is from my stash.























Here's a view of the back showing the doily. I used free-handed quilting to applique the doily. There may be a better way, but I didn't want to use glue.


























Finally, the Kindle and charging cable tucked in their safe cozy home. I made the extra little fabric bag to keep the screen safe from the prongs on the charger. I think this is a much more fun and creative solution to keeping my Kindle safe from harm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!