Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year, New Projects... so excited!!!

As each new year approaches, I feel invigorated and excited about the "starting over" that New Year's Day brings. This year I plan to launch an ETSY site and do some craft shows. I love making art and sharing it with others. When I made my first birdies, I made them because they got in my head and I wanted to see them in real life. Then a neighbor fell in love with them, too and I've been making them to order for her and her bird-loving family. So, I plan to offer some on ETSY. I think that doing craft shows allows us to talk with people and get real feedback from people about our work. The combination seems like a good idea (we'll see how it pans out in real life!)

I also do work with stained glass, painting, fabric... Someone once told me I have ART ADD. That may be, but I prefer to see myself as someone who has many interests and likes to explore them all!

Something I've been playing with is the idea of putting a hole through a birdie and running a ribbon through it's body so that it can be an ornament. Here's the first one I'm gonna try before I've painted it.
first birdie ornament before sanding or painting
You can tell by the size of it in my hand that it's pretty tiny. I love the super little ones, this one is sort of medium sized. I can't wait to see how it looks finished. Maybe I'll even give her a tiny nest.

The creative process pulls me along and keeps my sunny side up. I can't imagine living without it.

Art makes me happy. I hope you are having as much fun as I am!

1 comment:

  1. there are so many things you can do with your cute little birds! good luck with your etsy site - let us know when you get it up and running.

    i, too, have art add. or maybe even adhd! my resolution this year is to finish as many projects as i begin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!