Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Waiting for the phone to ring

Today I’m waiting for a phone call. A phone call that could change everything… or not. I’ve done the footwork and the results are out of my control. This isn’t the first time I’ve been in this position, of course. Following job interviews, first dates, and other life events, I’ve waited for a phone call. Carrying the phone around, afraid to get in the shower, or worse!

If the answer is “yes,” it could fund a dream that I’ve had for a long time and help me fulfill what I believe to be my life’s mission; founding the healing place. If not, do I abandon the dream as if some unseen force is telling me to let it go? Or, do I double my efforts and come up with another way to make it happen?

Since my attention, and energy, is so fragmented today, I’ll probably limit my creative activities to those that don’t require much focus. Trying to work on an ambitious painting or sculpture will just frustrate me and I don’t need that right now. But, I do feel that staying in positive motion is important.

Being in the “waiting place” is a weird sort of painful. Accepting my powerlessness over an outcome and still doing everything I can to live my best life.


Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!