Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Creativity has many forms

I've been blissfully busy working with my son, Steven, on his latest obsession... coming up with cowboy costumes for himself and his two best buddies. For several years, Steven has been invited to go to Columbia, California with one of his best buddy's family. He came home last year saying that he thought it would be cool to dress the part of the old west for the next year's reunion. So, for the last few weeks, we've been cruising thrift stores for the perfect hats, boots, shirts, pants, and vests to outfit Steven and his two buds. Here's a pic of Steven in his outfit:
He didn't want to look right at the camera... not cool. You'll also notice that he has a gun with holster on his right hip. That's a reproduction gun (good thing he had money saved up from Christmas.)

One of his buddies is wearing a Clint Eastwood inspired outfit, and the third sort of the muscle of the group and he's dressed all in black.

Hopefully, Steven's friend's mom will be able to get a nice picture of all three dressed up.

I gotta say, it was such a fun experience to do something like this with my son. We drove all over town, again and again, trying to find just the right pieces. During our time together I got to really enjoy his company. Having three kids means that I am rarely alone with any one of them. It was really neat. If you don't have a reason to be alone with your kids, I'd invent one. It's so worth it!


The other project I've been working on lately is a sign for our friend's new home. Ken and Ester lived across the street from us for many years. They are super nice and Ken is really into Bonsai gardening. Being super busy all the time prevented us from spending much time together. But, when they moved and got a new home with property they included us in their plans to have a housewarming party. They called their new home "The Roost" in honor of a favorite restaurant in Arizona.  I thought that was the perfect reason to make them this sign for their house.

Also, I just love making signs. I'm leaving it without hangers so they can hang it however they like.

So, although I haven't been creating art in the way that I usually do, I definitely feel that I've been very creative lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!