Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The tedious side of the creative process

Most of the creative process is so fun! The thrill of a new idea… the process of giving birth to a wonderful creation… the joy and satisfaction of sharing your new creating with the world! The task I’m completing today is not so glamorous, however. Today I am reading my book for the kabillionth time looking for anything that’s not perfect. The good news is that I still really love the book. I’m proud of every word and look forward to sharing it when it is printed. It’s just attention intensive to sit and read (mostly aloud) and consider whether or not I should add a comma or change a word to slightly shade the meaning…


Is this my first book or only book? Only time will tell. I felt called to write this one. For now, I don’t have plans to write another, but I didn’t plan to write this one, either.

Tomorrow I will upload the finished project to lulu.com and order a bunch of books so that I can have a big party to celebrate the completion of the book. But, today I will be spent doing a tedious, yet necessary job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!