Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Learning Lessons about Life

The last couple of weeks have been difficult to say the least. I've learned a lot about myself as well as some other people in my life. I learned that some people can be unspeakably awful when they feel their cause is just. And, I learned that when I am on the receiving end of unspeakable awfulness, it takes me a long time to process my feelings. I'm still processing. Peeling the onion and finding hurt, betrayal, and fear hiding under pain and anger. I guess I could paint something really dark to get the feelings out. But, I find that I go to art when I'm happy to celebrate life, not to commemorate misery. The final result of all this is that the person who tried to deceive me ultimately failed because I sought reliable counsel before falling for her ruse. 

So, the lesson learned is that I'm too trusting of people who I perceive as being authority figures. The sad thing is this woman has been awful to me before and I went along with her because she spoke kindly to me. I also suffer from the unfortunate desire to have relationships which are smooth in my life, even to my own detriment.

I choose to remain a kind and open person. I want to trust people in my life. Therefore, I will continue to seek sound counsel from people who I know love and honor me. And, NOT take action recommended by those who've shown clear disregard and disdain for me in the past. Part of me does not want to admit that their are real live evil people in this world. Especially people with blood relations to people I love. But, it's true. I get that now.

What I want to take away from this is GRATITUDE for the good people in my life and the ability to set firm boundaries which exclude the evil. 

I have not made a Inspirational Image in a while, but I'm glad to share this one with you today. I hope it reminds you that you are wholly ready to be fully YOU right now!

Blessings,
Laura P.
A "Walk In Your Own Footsteps" Inspirational Image



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!