Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tiara kits for Rachel's Pretty Pretty Princess Birthday Party




The sample tiara I made to make sure my ideas would work :)
Preparing for Rachel's big birthday has been so much fun for me. As I posted earlier, I'm putting together tiara kits for each of her friends to make during the party. Then, they'll enjoy tea party goodies while I make sure the tiaras are dry enough for picture taking before they all leave. 

It was important to me that each girl have her very own tiara. No two are alike, just like Rachel's best friends. I decided to buy all new stuff for these, even though I'm sure you could do a lot with vintage stuff. I found all these elements at Michaels. There are many other craft and hobby stores, Michaels is just where I was able to find what I was looking for. I had to get creative, though, because they don't really have stuff designed for making tiaras. The curved piece is actually a bracelet which was opened up. The flat round parts were to be used for earrings (as best I can tell) The center medallions were either designed to be brooches or pendants. Since they didn't have tiara making supplies specifically, I used pieces of punched metal for the sides that were in the jewelry making department that I'm not really sure what they were supposed to be for. :)

All of the elements will be glued together with E6000 and held with clamps. I'll take a blow dryer to each tiara individually while the girls hang out and eat. That should get them dry enough for photos. Then we'll put the clamps back on to be taken off at home the next day. 

These girls are 21 and up, so I'm not handing E6000 to children. And, we're doing this outside because of the fumes. 

So, here's the tiara's the girls will be making. I hope they enjoy making them as much as I've enjoyed gathering the materials for them.

Rachel's regal blue and bronze tiara to be



















Heather, our bride to be's, lovely crown kit

Jamie's sparkly and bold crown

Jo's dramatic red and copper tiara

Katy's bohemian-cool tiara



1 comment:

  1. what a fun idea! i'm sure all your party guests will have a blast making these tiaras.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!