Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blazing Trails

"Walk In Your Own Footsteps" has been a labor of love from the very start. I conceived of the book because I wanted to help a very special friend who was at a point in her life where she wanted some direction while consciously designing her life. She no longer wanted to bump along in life, she wanted to choose her direction and was looking for a book that would provide a framework for that. Since we looked and couldn't find one, I started the 9 year journey that led to the publishing of the book. It didn't make sense to go to a traditional publisher since I knew exactly what I wanted the book to be, how I wanted it to look, format and everything. I've been so blessed to hear from many people who have found the book helpful that I want to expand the reach so that more people can be helped.

As I continue to market my book, work on the next book, put together another deck of cards, maintain my website, and update my blog and facebook pages (whew!) I'm turning my attention toward traditional publishers. The one I've identified as the best fit for my book is HCI. They have a proven track record of success with books like mine. I'm open to other ideas, so if something springs to mind, please don't hesitate to drop me a line. I admire Louise Hay because she created her own platform and that's appealing to me. So if HCI doesn't pan out, I'll be working hard to help people all on my own.

Today's Inspirational Image is especially important to me because that's where I'm going today! Exploring new paths. Maybe not blazing my own, but going into unfamiliar territory none the less! 


A beautiful path in Santa Cruz on the way to the butterfly sanctuary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!