Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creativity, Commerce, and How to Measure Success

Things have been really taking off for my art business lately. It's been awesome! I've met amazing people and had so much fun. I'm feeling successful at promoting my art. Am I making tons of money? Well... no.

Walk In Your Own Footsteps is doing well, too. People contact me to tell me how much the book has helped. I've been creating Inspirational Images on a regular basis and people are enjoying those, too. Does this mean I'm making gobs of moolah? Well... no.

So, today I've been evaluating my definition of success. Do I strictly measure success with dollar signs, or is it also about waking up excited about my life and sharing my joy and hope with others. Obviously, I consider the latter to be as important as financial reward. But, I gotta admit, increased financial reward would be a cool.

All this being said, I'm happy to be working from home and available for my family. I LOVE knowing that, when I'm artistically inspired, it is my JOB to bring the ideas in my head into the world. I don't have to feel guilty for taking time to create, it's what I'm supposed to do!

Today's Inspirational Image reminds us that when we judge each other we create distance, and when we accept people we can experience love. Today, I choose to love. I hope that you do, too.

Blessings,
Laura P.

choose love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!