Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sugar Blues

For the last few days, I've been kicking a sugar monkey that's been on my back for too long. Just like ridding ourselves of any vice, sugar has been a worthy adversary. I've been cranky, had headaches... not to mention cravings. Oh, and don't let me start about the social pressure. Everywhere I look there's cute cupcakes, yummy looking cookies, ice cream, hmmmm. 

I'm sharing this because eliminating sugar from my diet is not any different than letting go of any addiction. We can become addicted to alcohol, drugs, food, cigarettes... Those are obviously addicting substances. But we can also become addicted to our own chemical process when we are in certain situations such as drama-filled relationships, risky behavior, anger and rage. The bottom line is that kicking addiction is tough. It doesn't matter if it's an obviously bad drug, a negative behavior, or a socially acceptable one, changing behavior is rough. 

If you are living with a behavior that you feel is not good for you, you have the power to choose again and let that go. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it! 

Blessings,
Laura P.





Take actions that support your own personal walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!