Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Monday, April 16, 2012

How was your weekend?.?.? Have a great week!

Happy Monday morning!

Working from home can sometimes mean I feel that I'm working all the time. Coming to my computer Monday morning to write this blog is my way of heading to the break-room to grab a cup of coffee and say, "Good Morning" to the rest of the workers here. I always enjoyed getting to work on Monday morning. I like the feel of a new week just starting. I have the same enthusiasm here at home, just no one to share it with.

I, personally, had a great weekend... Thanks for asking. My youngest son brought home a wonderful progress report and I was honored to have my work on display at a nice gallery called Little Relics in Mid-Town Sacramento so I went down and enjoyed the Second Saturday Art Walk.We had a wonderful write-up in Sacramento Press.com and I was quoted and photographed!  I enjoyed dinner with a new artist friend named Florence Skiadis who Susan also had on exhibit at her gallery Little Relics.

Sunday morning I woke up kinda disoriented. Do I work on art, clean house, hang out with my kids? I was all over the place and my emotional state reflected that. So, I headed to the garden to weed, dead head, and watch birds. Nothing like some fresh air and activity to make me feel better about life. Here are a couple of pictures I took of our iris beds yesterday.

close-up of iris I plan to paint

irises with daffodils and Japanese Maple

Because of my schedule, I often don't enjoy weekends "off." I'm often at home with my family, but I'm working on something or another for a deadline that's just a few days away. Another aspect of being a working artist is balancing work that I need to do for specific galleries or shows, and the ideas that are rattling around in my head and seeking artistic expression. One might think that painting little butterflies for a show is creative enough to quell the muse, but today it's not. Today, Dia de los Muertos images are nagging at me and that's what I want to create. Hopefully, some sketches and written plans for future projects will be quiet down that particular muse with a Spanish accent.

I hope that you find inspiration today to do the work you are tasked with this fine week. I know I'm ready to get to it. Got my coffee, said, "Good Morning" now I'm ready to work.

Here's the Inspirational Image for today.  I hope that in all the busy-work of your life today, you take a few moments for calm peaceful reflection. Sometimes, resting and relaxing can be very illusive during out action-packed days.

Blessings,
Laura P.

Walk In Your Own Footsteps Inspirational Image of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!