Wee Cottage Lane Christmas

Wee Cottage Lane  Christmas
by Laura Pallatin of LaBelle Mariposa

Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Fever Friday

Hi, all! Sorry I missed you yesterday, my youngest son is home sick and that became my priority. He's going to get better today, medicine has been called in and we'll go get it in a bit.

I think, like many people, I have this feeling that when I finish a project I'm working on right now, life will get easier somehow. That once this big thing I have going is done, I'll be able to do the stuff I want to do. Or, at least the things I think I should do.

When I was 21 (25 years ago) I was working on my wedding and told a co-worker that I would be glad when it was over and life would settle down. She just laughed. She said life never settles down. I think she's right. I think, now, that the trick is to make sure that what our lives are full of is stuff we want. Every time we say "yes" instead of "no" to what we don't want, we stuff we don't want to become priorities in our lives. We are giving up what we want in favor of what we don't. Work is a necessity for most of us. Making the best of it is a first step to living happily ever after. Second, is definitely carefully choosing how we spend our "not working" time.

Remember the immortal words of John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." Life is made up of what we actually do, not what we plan to do, or intend to do. It is always only the actual action that we take. I hope that this weekend you find some real big fun in your life and enjoy every minute of it.

Blessings,
Laura P.

ps. I'm especially pleased that today's inspirational image is from my own art work. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I am looking forward to reading what you have to say.
Blessings!